- 2 tsp course salt
- 1lb whole-wheat linguine
- 1/3c e.v.o.o.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3c fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped, plus more for sprinnkling
- zest of 1lrg lemon
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add the pasta (we used Nature's Promise Organic whole wheat pasta from Stop and Shop) Return to a boil cook according to package instructions until al dente (about 11mins). Drain
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat until hot but not smoking. Add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, until golden apprx 3 mins. Stir in red peppers and parsely. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta and salt to skillet. Toss to well-coat pasta. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with zest and more parsley.
Per serving 380 calories, 14g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 58g carbs, 11g protein, 10g fiber (From Martha Stewart Living online)
* Use Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
- 3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp basil oil (basil and e.v.o.o.) or plain e.v.o.o.
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp plus 1tbsp Basil Oil or E.V.O.O., divided
- 1 pkg refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 425. For toppings, slice tomatoes into 1/4" slices. Place on paper towel-lined cutting board. sprinkle both sides evenly with salt, let stand 15mins
- For crusts, lightly brush over dough basil e.v.o.o. and spread garlic. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over dough.
- cut dough lengthwise into half or thirds and seperate on baking sheet. Bake 11-12 minss or until bottom of crusts are light golden brown
- Chop basil combine with e.v.o.o.
- Blot tomatoes w/ paper towels. Slice mozzarella cheese into 1/4" thick slices. Arrange tomato and cheese slices in overlapping rows on baked crusts. Return to oven; bake an additional 4-5mins or just until cheese melts
- Remove from oven. To serve, brush basil mixture over pizzas and sprinkle w/ black pepper
Lemon Chicken with Mint
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40-45 mins
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2c flour
- 1 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1c chx broth
- two 4" sprigs fresh mint
- preheat oven 375. Spray a 10x14" ceramic baking dish with non-stick spray
- Drizzle chicken with lemon juice. Place the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a gallon size ziploc bag. Add chicken and toss
- In a skillet over med heat add the oil. Add the chicken and sear until golden brown on both sides (apprx 10 mins). Arrange cooked chicken in baking dish and sprinkle w/ lemon zest and brown sugar. Place a slice of lemon on each piece, the pour the broth over the chicken. Place the mint sprigs on top
- Bake 40-45mins uncovered until the juices run clear. Discard mint and serve hot
(from "Not Your Mother's Weeknight Cooking")