Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Prince and the Pea- Jake Week One

Well, we'll soon find that out, thought the old queen. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a pea on the bottom; then she took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea, and then twenty eider-down beds on top of the mattresses.
On this the prince had to lie all night. In the morning he was asked how he had slept.
"Oh, very badly!" said she. "I have scarcely closed my eyes all night. Heaven only knows what was in the bed, but I was lying on something hard, so that I am black and blue all over my body. It's horrible!"
Now they knew that she was a real prince because he had felt the pea right through the twenty mattresses and the twenty eider-down beds.
Nobody but a real prince could be as sensitive as that.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: