Monday, August 16, 2010

Got old collars??

Photobucket
Photobucket

We love PB&J World! They make fantastic, custom made dog accessories. The owner and our friend, Steph, is collecting the hardware from old collars to recycle towards new collars to be donated for rescue.

From original post on woofboard.com:
I'd like to start a recycling program of sorts for old collar buckles and hardware to be solely used on new collars made for and donated to rescue. I've been chatting with Wanda from ABTR and for some reason, never really gave thought to how much need they have for collars all the time and how much money they have to spend buying them. I'm going to start making all my samples and leftover fabrics into medium sized collars and sending them to Wanda as I have them throughout the year.

One thing that would really help me with this venture is if I could get donations of recycled hardware and buckles off your old collars. If anyone had any old 5/8th or 3/4th sized plastic buckles (nickel usually scratches quickly, but the plastic ones still look brand new long after the collar is ready to be tossed) or D rings or sliders on any old collars that you plan to just toss, I would greatly appreciate it if you could keep me in mind instead. I don't need the whole collar, you can usually just cut off the hardware with scissors and send it in a regular envelope for very minimal cost. I will also gladly offer 10% off any purchases at my Etsy shop or reimbursement of your shipping costs in return. I recycle my own dogs buckles on their collars all the time, but I think it would be awesome if we could get a program going to do the same for donation collars!
Photobucket
Jake in his new PB&J World a fundraising effort to bring Bosco the senior BT from a kill shelter in KY to his new forever home in Maine!

No comments: